Report of girl violently attacked at Lakelands Park middle school

Anonymous
My son was attacked 3 times at this school. It's known for violence.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I hope she'll make a full recovery. The principals statement was a little odd.


The principal’s statement was straight up ridiculous. ‘The altercation was brief’. How does that even matter?


Who is the principal?
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I hope she'll make a full recovery. The principals statement was a little odd.


The principal’s statement was straight up ridiculous. ‘The altercation was brief’. How does that even matter?


Who is the principal?

There's a principal intern but doesn't central office send them a statement to release?
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:3:15 is after dismissal?


School ends atv2 50 so this was part of a practice or club?
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:3:15 is after dismissal?


School ends atv2 50 so this was part of a practice or club?


Since when? The principal letter said it happened during g dismissal.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Yikes. Any local media cover this? If not why not?


MCPS is probably keeping a tight lid on it.


MCPS has had many issues with serious assault, although usually in high school. If this was on school grounds, then they're liable. Parent, never trust MCPS to do the right thing. Call 911 as soon as you can if your kid is assaulted.



100%. Don't leave it up to the school to "handle" it.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Oh no, poor kid. I hope the parents press charges. I don't know any details, but if the perp is a fellow student, it adds to the mound of evidence that violent students need to be in their own special schools. The county needs to pay for that.


Correction: Taxpayers like you and me are paying for that.

But I do hope the parents press charges.


PP you corrected. Yes! You're right. I would be happy to pay for that!
Anonymous
Why is it assumed the injured girl was wealthy? Could it be the injured girl was poor and of the same culture as the perpetrator?
Anonymous
All of this speculation about the SES of those involved in this altercation is disgusting.
Anonymous
This could be a life altering TBI, sounds very serious. Poor kid.

Anonymous
How is there no news coverage of this?
Anonymous
That poor girl. If she was taken all the way to Inova, it means it's very serious.

Hopefully, the assailant(s) will spend the rest of their teenage years in a detention facility. The parents will be sued into oblivion. And if there is a history of violence at this school, the principal and the administrators will be removed. And MCPS needs to be sued for continuing to allow this ever escalating mayhem to continue unabated.

Poor parenting and indifferent administrators have made so many schools such stressful places for kids. No twelve year old should be worried about being sent to the hospital when they go to school.


Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:That poor girl. If she was taken all the way to Inova, it means it's very serious.

Hopefully, the assailant(s) will spend the rest of their teenage years in a detention facility. The parents will be sued into oblivion. And if there is a history of violence at this school, the principal and the administrators will be removed. And MCPS needs to be sued for continuing to allow this ever escalating mayhem to continue unabated.

Poor parenting and indifferent administrators have made so many schools such stressful places for kids. No twelve year old should be worried about being sent to the hospital when they go to school.




All schools need more staff and security. This is horrible and this child may have life long issues if she makes it. If they took her to a trauma center it’s bad.
Anonymous
Is there any indication of how many people were involved? Have they said if the assailant(s) is a fellow student?
Forum Index » Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS)
Go to: