How to protect or teach your son's to avoid Crazy Girls like Jackie

Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Okay, I'll bite. Make sure that your sons have respect for women. Don't let them play video games that glorify violence against women. Make sure they treat women and girls as equals. Show them you value women's feedback, contributions and talents as much as those of men. Make sure they experience loving, nurturing relationships with men. Make sure they see the men in their lives treating women and girls as equals/ Don't devalue "girl" things--colors, names, games, activities--as being less desirable or important as "boy" things. Make sure you teach patience, compassion, communication, consideration. Don't inadvertently glorify hypermasculine behavior. Don't mistake aggression for leadership. If you ever say "boys will be boys," you're doing it wrong.


+1. Big time.


These seem like sensible points, but please explain how they will help a young man to recognize the danger signs of a "crazy girl." Is your premise that boys so raised will develop sufficient empathy for, and relationships with, girls that he'll have "crazy girl radar"?

Otherwise, I think you're answering a different question than posed by OP.

What does crazy girl mean? A little over 1 million women and 370,000 men are stalked annually in the United States. That means more women deal with crazy men. Then men deal with crazy woman.


Exactly. I think the crazies get angry though when they realize that YES rape will be prosecuted and NO you are not entitled to sex with any female that turns you on. Hence the bluster about false rape accusations.


No one asked about numbers of crazy people, men or women. The OP asked what s/he can do to make sure his or her son doesn't get trapped by a crazy girl.

Yet, per usual, the close-minded come on to highjack the thread. After all the debunked accusations recently, I really would not show my ignorance by claiming false rape accusations are not an issue.
Anonymous
Teach your sons and daughters to avoid the crazies as well as not be the crazies.

Since our kids emulate us - perhaps the parents need to not be crazy either.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Okay, I'll bite. Make sure that your sons have respect for women. Don't let them play video games that glorify violence against women. Make sure they treat women and girls as equals. Show them you value women's feedback, contributions and talents as much as those of men. Make sure they experience loving, nurturing relationships with men. Make sure they see the men in their lives treating women and girls as equals/ Don't devalue "girl" things--colors, names, games, activities--as being less desirable or important as "boy" things. Make sure you teach patience, compassion, communication, consideration. Don't inadvertently glorify hypermasculine behavior. Don't mistake aggression for leadership. If you ever say "boys will be boys," you're doing it wrong.

Yes b/c this will stop a woman from accusing a man of rape. No, the people who jackie says raped her never had any interaction with her. It was all made up. So stop attacking the victims. Some how we must get through to young women that false rape stories are just as bad as rape.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Okay, I'll bite. Make sure that your sons have respect for women. Don't let them play video games that glorify violence against women. Make sure they treat women and girls as equals. Show them you value women's feedback, contributions and talents as much as those of men. Make sure they experience loving, nurturing relationships with men. Make sure they see the men in their lives treating women and girls as equals/ Don't devalue "girl" things--colors, names, games, activities--as being less desirable or important as "boy" things. Make sure you teach patience, compassion, communication, consideration. Don't inadvertently glorify hypermasculine behavior. Don't mistake aggression for leadership. If you ever say "boys will be boys," you're doing it wrong.


+1. Big time.


These seem like sensible points, but please explain how they will help a young man to recognize the danger signs of a "crazy girl." Is your premise that boys so raised will develop sufficient empathy for, and relationships with, girls that he'll have "crazy girl radar"?

Otherwise, I think you're answering a different question than posed by OP.

What does crazy girl mean? A little over 1 million women and 370,000 men are stalked annually in the United States. That means more women deal with crazy men. Then men deal with crazy woman.


Exactly. I think the crazies get angry though when they realize that YES rape will be prosecuted and NO you are not entitled to sex with any female that turns you on. Hence the bluster about false rape accusations.


No one asked about numbers of crazy people, men or women. The OP asked what s/he can do to make sure his or her son doesn't get trapped by a crazy girl.

Yet, per usual, the close-minded come on to highjack the thread. After all the debunked accusations recently, I really would not show my ignorance by claiming false rape accusations are not an issue.


^Lol. The only people showing their ignorance on this thread are the ones ignoring actual STATISTICS in favor of freaking out over one article.. Do you even realize how absurd you sound?
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Yet, per usual, the close-minded come on to highjack the thread. After all the debunked accusations recently, I really would not show my ignorance by claiming false rape accusations are not an issue.


"all the"?
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:Some how we must get through to young women that false rape stories are just as bad as rape.


Except they're not.
Anonymous
There must be a way to stop all this victim blaming. Those poor guys. Now it's an attack on all men and how they are raised. The men are the victims here.
Anonymous
Teach sons to avoid high drama women in general. the adivice I give male family members is don't date woman that doesn't seem to have or be able to keep normal/good female friends. You knwo the ones who say "women are too much drama I prefer to just be friends with men"--um,there is a reason other women don't want to hang out with her crazy azz. If another woman can't deal with it, then a man most definitely needs to run in the other direciton. And I say this as a woman that knows men come and go but a lifetime of good women friends is forever.
Anonymous
Since people keep frothing about statistics instead of focusing on the issue which is valid for OP: How to help her college age son navigate avoiding unstable women that could torpedo his life, here's some well researched statistics.

Either way, both rape and false accusations of rape should not be tolerated. If this was a advice thread for a daughter we would be discussing other strategies and techniques.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2014/12/college_rape_campus_sexual_assault_is_a_serious_problem_but_the_efforts.html

False accusations do exist:
The higher education insurance group United Educators did a study of the 262 insurance claims it paid to students between 2006 and 2010 because of campus sexual assault, at a cost to the group of $36 million. The vast majority of the payouts, 72 percent, went to the accused—young men who protested their treatment by universities

In July, the Washington Post published the Clery number for 2012: There were just over 3,900 forcible sexual offenses, with most schools reporting single or low double-digit numbers. (Under the Clery Act a “forcible sexual offense” does not require the use of actual physical force, it can simply be an act against someone’s will. Offenses include everything from rape to fondling.) Given the approximately 12 million female college students, that’s a reported sexual assault rate of 0.03 percent.

Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Some how we must get through to young women that false rape stories are just as bad as rape.


Except they're not.


Wow, you're on a posting spree!

YES IT IS (since you so love typing in caps). Going to jail for a crime you did not commit is just as bad as rape, particularly since you'll likely be raped while in jail yourself.

Rape can ruin your life. False accusations can ruin your life.

Anonymous
Anonymous



There must be a way to stop all this victim blaming. Those poor guys. Now it's an attack on all men and how they are raised. The men are the victims here.

Yes the problem is not the men, but the women. This rape culture stuff must be be stopped and discredited(well it pretty already is). It is just a cop out for those who fail in society. It not you that have failed, it's the rape culture that holds you back.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I think this is a teachable moment for sons, but it goes far beyond "avoid crazy chicks." Avoid having sex with any drunk chick. Avoid having sex with other people watching. Avoid having sex with someone you just met.

It really is on the boys to not rape.


None of those are rape


Sex with a drunk chick is absolutely rape. And sex with people watching can easily be called gang rape.

The last one is just common sense.


Sex with people watching is called public exhibition. That is pushing the definition.

Sex with a drunk chick is not absolutely rape. Its an grey area. When I was a junior in college after a night of drinking I invited another drunk boy up to my room and had tons of fun. I was not raped, I did not raped him. Still a fond memory today. This would mean many boys raped me in school, which I reject. .When people initially thought of raping drunk chicks it was at a club where a person who purposely ply a woman with drink to render her black out or drug her. But this definition has been brought to many grey situations where two young people with liquored up courage have sex. Its ridiculous

The last one may be common sense but people still do it. In fact sex positive feminists encourage it. So moot point.

All these three situations are still NOT rape.


I didn't actually witness this but I heard about it: Wet tee shirt contest with many buzzed/drunk girls participating. The "winner" stripped off her shirt hopped down into the crowd and let any guy who wanted to touch her breasts. She laughed as she walked through the crowd being groped all over by horny guys.

The next day she felt humiliated. What would you call this?


If she was of age to drink - her mistake. If she was underage, a crime by her and her servers. The touching people? Close call. Way too weird an event. Look yes. Touch? Wellllll, no.


If a video was brought to court showing her as happy when being groped there would be no case.


This happened 20 or more years ago so not as likely that there is a video of it. Today, cell phones would have been recording for sure.

(As a side note and not directed at you PP but to the other pp who recommends videotaping: I think that it's beyond weird and creepy of a person to videotape their sexual encounters under the guise of protecting themselves from potential false accusations. If you're that paranoid keep it zipped up. But don't videotape an unsuspecting person like that. )
Anonymous
the plural of son is sons.
Learn proper punctuation.
Anonymous
Teach sons to avoid high drama women in general. the adivice I give male family members is don't date woman that doesn't seem to have or be able to keep normal/good female friends. You knwo the ones who say "women are too much drama I prefer to just be friends with men"--um,there is a reason other women don't want to hang out with her crazy azz. If another woman can't deal with it, then a man most definitely needs to run in the other direciton. And I say this as a woman that knows men come and go but a lifetime of good women friends is forever.

You are blaming the victim. If a male wants to date a high drama woman, he should be allowed and what happens is not his fault. He should not have to take any steps to protect himself.
Anonymous
Anonymous



the plural of son is sons.
Learn proper punctuation.

Thanks .!..
Forum Index » Off-Topic
Go to: