Happy wife, happy life

Anonymous
I haven't heard this phrase used by anyone under 50
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Women emote more.

That’s the bottom line.

I’m sorry it’s not PC to say it. Women’s monthly cycle also deeply affects behavior. A lot of this quote is based on biological truth.

Men are on the whole more emotionally consistent, less prone to grudges, and speak less or do not as frequently vent their feelings verbally.

This forum is dominated by women, so I’m sure I’ll get tons of blowback, but this is a hill I’ll die on.

Society allows women more leeway for unreasonable behavior without accountability.

it’s also super hip right now to endlessly bash men. You wonder why Gen Z men are somehow turning to the right. It’s because anything they do and say is “toxic masculinity” or they’re supposed to sort of show deference from women as they’re denigrated. They’re supposed to eat sht and like it.


Isn't changing their political affiliation because of a woman's opinion kind of...unreasonable behavior?


I mean there’s tons of reasons it’s happening. It’s targeted algorithms on YouTube. It’s men falling behind women academically. It’s this incredible rise of women and men are having a hard time dealing with it.

But also it’s just hip to bag on men these days. And they are getting tired of it.

Anyway, I do agree “happy wife, happy life” primarily because the happiness in our household depends on it. Whereas I can have a pleasant demeanor 90% of the time, while splitting domestic duties 50%, she can’t say the same. It’s annoying, but that’s life. I still think men are just more chill and don’t try to sht all over their partners moods as much. So sue me.


Yeah, men are having a hard time dealing with the "rise" of women (meaning they are becoming more equal), and so they are changing their political affiliation. Which is not a *reasonable* reaction. It's an emotional one.


Yeah, some are like that.

Other boys are just fed up having their every action, however benign, scrutinized as part of “toxic masculinity”. I think this entire generation is so easily offended, that men are just checking out from exhaustion.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Men will automatically prioritize their own happiness/pleasure because they've been raised in a culture that centers men. They often need to be reminded to consider others. Women often prioritize the needs/wants of others (kids, spouse, friends, family) over their own, because that's what our culture encourages them to do.

"happy wife" doesn't necessarily mean you always please her. It means you support her happiness by doing things like making sure she has time to herself to pursue an identity outside of service, and you consider how your actions will impact her.

And men still fsck it up.


+1

But I actually think women fsck it up too. It is our responsibility and while reminders are helpful, they can’t change a fundamental, unconscious belief that your happiness/wellbeing comes last. Or that we can’t do the things that make us happy until our partners are convinced that we deserve them. That was my problem anyway. Not my motto is “be happy not good.”


For real happiness, you have to be good too. Happiness doesn't happen in vacuum. Its a balance, narcissists aren't happy.


Yes, but, most women don't need reminders to be good. I have always hustled to be good. I unconsciously always errored on the side of good at the detriment of my happiness. I still do that if I act on impulse. I need a reminder to do things the other way. Of course often my needs can't be met immediately but I have stopped putting them on the back burner, at least.


Being good doesn't mean only being good to others, it means doing good and knowing limits because if you aren't then you start seeing yourself as a victim and resenting others. That takes away everyone's happiness including your own.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Women emote more.

That’s the bottom line.

I’m sorry it’s not PC to say it. Women’s monthly cycle also deeply affects behavior. A lot of this quote is based on biological truth.

Men are on the whole more emotionally consistent, less prone to grudges, and speak less or do not as frequently vent their feelings verbally.

This forum is dominated by women, so I’m sure I’ll get tons of blowback, but this is a hill I’ll die on.

Society allows women more leeway for unreasonable behavior without accountability.

it’s also super hip right now to endlessly bash men. You wonder why Gen Z men are somehow turning to the right. It’s because anything they do and say is “toxic masculinity” or they’re supposed to sort of show deference from women as they’re denigrated. They’re supposed to eat sht and like it.


LOL men have really convinced themselves that their anger, depression, and anxiety aren't emotions. Go ahead a die on that hill, and while you're at it look up the definition of "emote" - it's not just talking and it's not limited to women. All of your tantrumy outbursts are emoting. The holes in the drywall, domestic violence, family annhilation: all emoting.
. Yeah, I do none of that.

Even if I did, it’s way better than trying to gauge when you’re moody and will either simmer silently or tear down your partner with rude comments and demands.


And yet, you didn't say "I don't emote as much as my partner." You said men and women. You are wrong, and apparently trapped against your will in a marriage with a person you dislike, which is sad. But you're still full of crap with your armchair political theory, and every crime statistic you care to review will bear out that men are not more consistent, less emotional, or less prone to grudges.


So which is the moodier sex? Men or women?
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:I haven't heard this phrase used by anyone under 50


I’m over 50 and don’t hear it used much either. I find it very misogynistic. I am not depending on someone else for my happiness.
Anonymous
What I have found to be weird is that when the man cheats he is asked to leave the house. When the woman cheat let’s see not so clear cut. Can anyone explain what that’s the case?
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Every woman I know that sings that stupid phrase was a cheater.


Every guy I know who says this and is genuine about it has a very happy wife and a very happy wife.


Really? I've seen them use it as a mouthpiece,,,keeping her happy at home with $ and such so that she doesn't dig into his private cheating life.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:What I have found to be weird is that when the man cheats he is asked to leave the house. When the woman cheat let’s see not so clear cut. Can anyone explain what that’s the case?


Start a new thread, grumpy dude
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I haven't heard this phrase used by anyone under 50


I’m over 50 and don’t hear it used much either. I find it very misogynistic. I am not depending on someone else for my happiness.


Are you a man?

The expression is that everyone in the family is happy if mama is happy. Generally, it’s because women experience more frequent emotional variance. If she is happy, everyone else can be at peace and be happy. If not, everyone else knows it.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Men will automatically prioritize their own happiness/pleasure because they've been raised in a culture that centers men. They often need to be reminded to consider others. Women often prioritize the needs/wants of others (kids, spouse, friends, family) over their own, because that's what our culture encourages them to do.

"happy wife" doesn't necessarily mean you always please her. It means you support her happiness by doing things like making sure she has time to herself to pursue an identity outside of service, and you consider how your actions will impact her.

And men still fsck it up.


+1

But I actually think women fsck it up too. It is our responsibility and while reminders are helpful, they can’t change a fundamental, unconscious belief that your happiness/wellbeing comes last. Or that we can’t do the things that make us happy until our partners are convinced that we deserve them. That was my problem anyway. Not my motto is “be happy not good.”


For real happiness, you have to be good too. Happiness doesn't happen in vacuum. Its a balance, narcissists aren't happy.


Yes, but, most women don't need reminders to be good. I have always hustled to be good. I unconsciously always errored on the side of good at the detriment of my happiness. I still do that if I act on impulse. I need a reminder to do things the other way. Of course often my needs can't be met immediately but I have stopped putting them on the back burner, at least.


Being good doesn't mean only being good to others, it means doing good and knowing limits because if you aren't then you start seeing yourself as a victim and resenting others. That takes away everyone's happiness including your own.


Oh brother. You're going to go so in depth on the definition of "good" that you include in it learning and knowing your own limits? If being good includes that, it includes far too much for "be good" to be a useful phrase to me. If "be happy not good" isn't a helpful phrase to you, that's fine, don't use it. It's helpful to me, more helpful and meaningful than "happy wife, happy life."
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Every woman I know that sings that stupid phrase was a cheater.


Every guy I know who says this and is genuine about it has a very happy wife and a very happy wife.


Really? I've seen them use it as a mouthpiece,,,keeping her happy at home with $ and such so that she doesn't dig into his private cheating life.


Then they aren't being genuine about it.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Women emote more.

That’s the bottom line.

I’m sorry it’s not PC to say it. Women’s monthly cycle also deeply affects behavior. A lot of this quote is based on biological truth.

Men are on the whole more emotionally consistent, less prone to grudges, and speak less or do not as frequently vent their feelings verbally.

This forum is dominated by women, so I’m sure I’ll get tons of blowback, but this is a hill I’ll die on.

Society allows women more leeway for unreasonable behavior without accountability.

it’s also super hip right now to endlessly bash men. You wonder why Gen Z men are somehow turning to the right. It’s because anything they do and say is “toxic masculinity” or they’re supposed to sort of show deference from women as they’re denigrated. They’re supposed to eat sht and like it.


Isn't changing their political affiliation because of a woman's opinion kind of...unreasonable behavior?


I mean there’s tons of reasons it’s happening. It’s targeted algorithms on YouTube. It’s men falling behind women academically. It’s this incredible rise of women and men are having a hard time dealing with it.

But also it’s just hip to bag on men these days. And they are getting tired of it.

Anyway, I do agree “happy wife, happy life” primarily because the happiness in our household depends on it. Whereas I can have a pleasant demeanor 90% of the time, while splitting domestic duties 50%, she can’t say the same. It’s annoying, but that’s life. I still think men are just more chill and don’t try to sht all over their partners moods as much. So sue me.


Yeah, men are having a hard time dealing with the "rise" of women (meaning they are becoming more equal), and so they are changing their political affiliation. Which is not a *reasonable* reaction. It's an emotional one.


Yeah, some are like that.

Other boys are just fed up having their every action, however benign, scrutinized as part of “toxic masculinity”. I think this entire generation is so easily offended, that men are just checking out from exhaustion.


Another emotional reaction.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:I haven't heard this phrase used by anyone under 50


I’m over 50 and don’t hear it used much either. I find it very misogynistic. I am not depending on someone else for my happiness.


Np

I’m also not sticking around for someone’s abuse or neglect trying to make me unhappy.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:What I have found to be weird is that when the man cheats he is asked to leave the house. When the woman cheat let’s see not so clear cut. Can anyone explain what that’s the case?


Start a new thread, grumpy dude


He is correct though. Women are quick to tell the cheating hubby to pack up and leave.
Anonymous
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:What I have found to be weird is that when the man cheats he is asked to leave the house. When the woman cheat let’s see not so clear cut. Can anyone explain what that’s the case?


Start a new thread, grumpy dude


He is correct though. Women are quick to tell the cheating hubby to pack up and leave.


I'm MAJORLY anti-cheating no matter the gender. Kick the he/him, she/her, they/them to the curb!!! Betrayal is so traumatic.
post reply Forum Index » Relationship Discussion (non-explicit)
Message Quick Reply
Go to: