Your current identity is:
Anonymous
The Great Zucchini's Mailing List for Upcoming Events
Does anyone else think that Kate Middleton's wedding dress was a little dull?  XML
Forum Index » Off-Topic
Author Message
Anonymous



Pippa was the star of the wedding. She looked STUNNING. Kate...I didn't love the dress. It seemed very old-fashioned and her overall styling just wasn't great. She's a lovely girl, but I thought she could have looked better.

Oddly, I thought William looked very nice, and I normally think he isn't so great-looking.
[Report Post]
Anonymous



Anonymous wrote:Di's dress looked like it was made from piles of bed sheets. And it was terribly wrinkled. I have always hated it. Kate look beautiful and simple. She does not want to be a celebrity, she just wants to be a wife to William, so that is why she wore something conservative.


Raw silk is naturally wrinkled that way. Obviously you know very little about fabric. But I'm sorry you have had to carry around your hatred of a person's wedding dress for over 30 years...
[Report Post]
Anonymous



I LOVED her dress! It was classic. I did not like her sister's dress though - or at least, the color of it. In the pictures it looks like there is too much white:the bride, her sister behind her and the little dames.
[Report Post]
Anonymous



Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Di's dress looked like it was made from piles of bed sheets. And it was terribly wrinkled. I have always hated it. Kate look beautiful and simple. She does not want to be a celebrity, she just wants to be a wife to William, so that is why she wore something conservative.


Raw silk is naturally wrinkled that way. Obviously you know very little about fabric. But I'm sorry you have had to carry around your hatred of a person's wedding dress for over 30 years...


Oh please, LESS pp! I am not the poster you are quoting but it is perfectly normal to "hate" or "love" a wedding dress wore in a wedding like that. I am sure the poster you are quoting is not wasting days and nights thinking on how she hated Di's dress, but probably everything they show it on tv she tells herself: "ugh! What an awful meringue!"
[Report Post]
Anonymous



Come on, Kate is just attractive. Not "gorgeous". Even by english standards.
[Report Post]
Anonymous



Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Di's dress looked like it was made from piles of bed sheets. And it was terribly wrinkled. I have always hated it. Kate look beautiful and simple. She does not want to be a celebrity, she just wants to be a wife to William, so that is why she wore something conservative.


Raw silk is naturally wrinkled that way. Obviously you know very little about fabric. But I'm sorry you have had to carry around your hatred of a person's wedding dress for over 30 years...


Oh please, LESS pp! I am not the poster you are quoting but it is perfectly normal to "hate" or "love" a wedding dress wore in a wedding like that. I am sure the poster you are quoting is not wasting days and nights thinking on how she hated Di's dress, but probably everything they show it on tv she tells herself: "ugh! What an awful meringue!"


*looking up sarcasm in the dictionary...*

[Report Post]
Anonymous



Anonymous wrote:Come on, Kate is just attractive. Not "gorgeous". Even by english standards.


agreed. not bad, but hardly hot. not like the two actresses in Camelot on STARZ. He should have married one of them.
[Report Post]
Anonymous



Anonymous wrote:Come on, Kate is just attractive. Not "gorgeous". Even by english standards.


I disagree. Eye of the beholder, baby.
[Report Post]
Anonymous



Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Come on, Kate is just attractive. Not "gorgeous". Even by english standards.


agreed. not bad, but hardly hot. not like the two actresses in Camelot on STARZ. He should have married one of them.


yeah, but poor wills is going completely bald and nowhere near as good looking as he was as a late teen.

I kinda feel bad for kate - all that shine from his chrome dome in their wedding pictures! If only he had married her a couple years ago before he lost so much of his hair.
[Report Post]
Anonymous



beautiful dress. I hope straps/sleeves make a comeback. Every bride since the year 2000 has worn the same strapless gown and it;s nice to see a change.
[Report Post]
Anonymous



Anonymous wrote:beautiful dress. I hope straps/sleeves make a comeback. Every bride since the year 2000 has worn the same strapless gown and it;s nice to see a change.


Totally agree. I just can't get excited about the same old strapless A-line, over and over again. I'm all for simple and elegant, but enough already.
[Report Post]
Anonymous



Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Come on, Kate is just attractive. Not "gorgeous". Even by english standards.


I disagree. Eye of the beholder, baby.


Me again. How can you say she's not gorgeous? Glossy hair, perfect eyebrows, perfect teeth, flawless skin, thin, good figure, nice smile, sparkling eyes and smile, graceful.... I can't think of a skin-deep beauty criteria she does NOT meet.
[Report Post]
Anonymous



I loved it and I also hope sleeves make a comeback. But I didn't like Pippa's dress. I thought it looked too young on her with the cowl neck and fluttery sleeves.
[Report Post]
Anonymous



You're confused. You're "dull" = "Classy" to most
[Report Post]
Anonymous



Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:beautiful dress. I hope straps/sleeves make a comeback. Every bride since the year 2000 has worn the same strapless gown and it;s nice to see a change.


Totally agree. I just can't get excited about the same old strapless A-line, over and over again. I'm all for simple and elegant, but enough already.


Me too. When I got married a few years ago, it was damn near impossible to find a gown that was not in that styling.
[Report Post]
 
Forum Index » Off-Topic
 
Message Quick Reply
Saving
Go to:   

 

[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics -- Last 30 Days   [Groups] Back to home page